Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where's My Tattoo?


So on one of the rare moments that hubby and I actually have the opportunity to lay in bed and talk my son decides to join us. Hilarity then ensues. I was laying on my stomach and had a loose fitting shirt on (this description is to give you the situation) and my son, who loves to jump, jumps on my back. Normally this would just end up being a game of "ride the mommy horse" and he would laugh and giggle saying giddy-up but on this particular night he took particular interest in my tattoo that is on my back between my shoulder blades.

He first was startled when he saw it which was odd because he has seen it before but tonight he really noticed it and traced it with his fingers. He is currently learning shapes and the conversation went something like this:

Son: You have a circle mommy!

Me: Yes I do...it's my tattoo.

Son: Tattoooooo?

Me: Yes, Do you want to see Daddy's Tattoo?

Son: Yep

I push up my hubby's shirt sleeve where he has a Celtic sun tattooed.

Son: Daddy has a circle too.

Me: Yes he does.

My son then starts to inspect he's arms and tummy.

Son: Hey where's my tattoo?

Me: Honey, you don't have one it's only for bigger people.

He then gets down off the bed and goes into his play room and returns with his box of crayons. Selecting a blue crayon (his favorite color) he starts to draw on himself all the while saying he wants a blue tattoo. Thank goodness crayons won't really draw on skin. After much laughter on the part of his father and I we finally distracted him enough to draw his "tattoo" on a piece of paper.

I'm not sure where his sudden interest came from but it provided us with a great deal of laughter for the evening.

If you have tattoos have you're children found them interesting? How did you talk to them about them? I'd love to know.

1 comment:

Momisodes said...

Aww,that incredibly sweet :) He wanted to be just like you both!