Sunday, October 12, 2008

New Recipe Sunday


Part of the frustration with being a working mom is having enough time in the day to find meals for the family that everyone will like. So I thought I would post a new recipe each Sunday that is easy to make and tasty. I will admit that not every recipe will be low fat but with minor adjustments you can make everyone lower fat than the posted ingredients. I'm going to start off with one of my favorite go to recipes for comfort food. It also makes great leftovers and warms up well. I tend to double the recipe and then freeze half for a later date.

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Cook ziti according to package. Drain.
  3. Cook italian sausage along with garlic and onion until browned. Drain. Return sausage mixture to pan. Add in spaghetti sauce, sugar, and spices. Stir.
  4. Combine sour cream and cottage cheese.
  5. Grease 13x9 with cooking spray.
  6. Layer in the pan 1/2 of noodles, 1/2 of sauce, all of the provolone, all of the sour cream/cottage cheese mixture, 2nd 1/2 of noodles, 2nd half of sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
  7. Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and cheeses are melted.

I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does.

No comments: